Arizona is reopening! We know retail stores are very excited to safely welcome back their customers now that the main restrictions have been lifted. Governor Ducey announced the lifting of the Stay at Home Order and the implementation of the new Stay Healthy, Return Smarter, Return Stronger policy.
We know that retailers report missing the buzz and excitement of their shops, and they have especially missed their customers. We are sure it is the same for all of you. If it is time to get back to the business of helping customers, you may want some ideas for how to safely do that. No one wants an outbreak to focus on their retail location, having people spread the virus at our location would be devastating.
How can retailers rebuild business safely? You can build your business by building your customers’ confidence in your safety measures! Visible signs of your safety measures will reassure customers that you are taking their concerns seriously. It instantly shows that you care and will take necessary precautions. If they feel safe, they can resume their shopping patterns and with reasonable, simple precautions, everyone benefits.
Here are our top 7 tips to keep your customers safe while shopping:
- Have visible signs with your store’s policies on masks, social distancing, & occupancy for your customers. At the same station you could include hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing wipes. It is also a good place to share your employee health screening and store sanitizing routines.
- Suspend plexiglass “sneeze guards” between employees and customers and in high volume areas so we are safe from each other, but connected and friendly. We can help you with the perfect set up to quickly install and protect customers from the spread of coronavirus. Read how below.
- Offer masks with your branding for customers who don’t have one. Make them stylish or interesting to maximize the potential buzz. People are definitely checking out each other’s masks and they are a topic of conversation.
- Consider setting “shopping appointments”. This way you can keep your occupancy at safe levels without counting every customer. Impulse shoppers can enter as others leave early. Allow scheduling from a cell phone to keep customers happy. Offer a coupon with it to make them even happier and more likely to buy!
- If feasible, offer virtual shopping and curbside pick-up. Get creative, you may not be able to create an entire webstore, but what if you walked through your store creating a video for each section, highlighting best sellers? Entice people to share on social media. How about a VIP FB live walkthrough?
- Enlist your actual neighbors to post on Nextdoor and other neighborhood apps about what you are up to. Have your social media person share what steps you are taking and consider sharing behind the scenes clips showing your frequent sanitizing or a similar activity.
- Change your furnishings and displays to ones that are easily sanitized and that also allow for easy storing and expansion. This is another area where we may be able to help you.
So, the excitement begins! We will carefully re-open and remain prepared for the surge in interest in our products while also being responsible business owners who care deeply for our customers. For most of us, our customers are like family and we will do what it takes to keep our family safe. We need to convey that at first glance so our customers know it is our priority and are reassured.
We’re Here to Help!
Contact us right away to find out how we can help you with plexiglass solutions that work and send the right message and also office furnishings that accomplish your goals for your retail location. We are proud entrepreneurs finding our way through this coronavirus situation, just like you, and we stand ready to be of service to contribute to our Country’s safe return to booming business!